Not too long ago, I was reading Bethany's (my cuz's cute wife) blog, and was inspired by
this post. I'm not a terrific seamstress, though I come from a long line of spectacular homemakers/seamstresses. So, I decided to give the button up shirt-dress a whirl. I took a trip to the nearby thrift store to look for girly men's shirts. I found a few (that I had a really hard time picturing on a man) and got to work. I have finished 2.



I even made a matching hairbow with this one. I never make a matching anything. This is a big day for me--finishing a dress, making a matching bow. My handsome hubby would be proud!

Thanks Bethany! Perhaps someday, we can team up and make a multi-million dollar dress-designing business......
8 comments:
Three things:
1) Those are too super stinkin' cute! Don't even say you aren't a seamstress. Nicely done. Love them! Lots and lots!
2) I can't believe that either of those used to be men's shirts. Weird.
3)And yes, when you move back to Utah and become my neighbor (wouldn't that be fun!), we can start a business and become rich.
Michelle they are so adorable!! you did a great job.
Too cute! I wish I was more of sewer!(Sigh!) Great job! I'm glad you commented on my blog because I didn't know you had a blog! =)
Too way cute Michelle, you are seriously talented. Way to go lady.
Okay Michelle, I need to know more about this... you made those dresses out of men's dress shirts?!? I want a pattern or something, that is so dang cute!
Those are darling! And was that dress with the flowers seriously a man's shirt? Good job!
Oh my heavens Michelle those are awesome!!! How did you make them???? You'll have to let me know! I love them! And McKayla needs new dresses that fit!
Those are the cutest dresses ever! I can't believe that they ever were mens shirts. You are very much a seamstress who is very talented!
Post a Comment