Monday, May 18, 2009

I am a linguist

If you were to ask my kids what they ate for dinner tonight, this is what they would've said:
Alex: Manoni

Nora: Whack-da-noni

Grant: Macaroni

Somehow I don't remember 'interpreter' or 'linguist' being on the job description. It's just one of the perks of on-the-job training.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Isn't that the truth... they keep throwing these job requirements at us. :) Good thing the ones that matter still love us if we mess up. congrats! :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That's adorable! And congrats to Julia-bless her heart!

Mark and Julia said...

I love Nora's version the best I think! How fun! It's funny how, as mothers, we are generally the only ones who can understand our kids. I think all of my kids speak a different language! I know what you're going through!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Very true. Do you also find that you are allowed to make up words when you are the mother of small children. Like "bigger-est" and "smallish-ness" and the like? Maybe I'm just weird.


my office...