Friday, July 17, 2009

The BEST surprise of all!!

And it showed up yesterday, 12 hours before schedule. It was just what I needed.


By way of explanation: Yes, Shawn IS in the military, and NO they usually aren't allowed to grow beards. But, when the ship is underway for long stretches (in this case, 10 days crossing the great Atlantic), the sailors are allowed to purchase a 'no-shave chit' for $5. This picture shows the result of Shawn's efforts at growing a beard. Unfortunately, that is all I ever saw of it--he had to shave before they pulled into port.
He was only gone 2 months...but it seemed long to me this time. Ok, the last week seemed long. It doesn't necessarily take a period of separation to appreciate your spouse, but oh how much I appreciate him as well as the time we are blessed to spend with each other.
And of course, next week is girl's camp. This time I am doing the leaving and he gets to stay home-at least in the evening. Not exactly a role-swap, but an adventure nonetheless.

5 comments:

Deb Nott said...

Good luck at girl's camp! And yeah for surprises!

Deena said...

Definite yay for coming home early. Love the beard. Have fun at girl's camp! Enjoy the change of pace. At least you don't have to do anything about the squealing.

Janice said...

What a wonderful surprise!! I wish my guy would have shown up on the same day! Alas... I have to wait a bit longer - ALMOST done though!

Heather said...

Yea! So glad you are all back together. And I hope this gives you a chance to relax a little Michelle. (At least before camp next week!)

Chelsey said...

Oh that's the best surprise ever!! I'm so glad he made it home safe and sound. The beard looks fun...I hate when Aaron grows his facial hair out! It's so much better when he's clean shaven :) Have fun at girls camp and be safe! Love you guys!


my office...