Monday, August 3, 2009

The first of many

It's been a busy week. Birthdays, ultrasounds, doctor's visits for more than just mom....

Alex is a 3rd child. There is no mistaking it. He's not quite 2, but he thinks he's 4. So he does 4 year-old things. Like talking in nearly complete sentences, going potty, apologizing for hitting, climbing on things, jumping off things. Jumping--the latest favorite--was sure to cause problems. I've been thinking about getting bunkbeds for the kids, and was planning on doing last weekend. It didn't happen. Probably a good thing for now. Alex decided to LEAP off Grant's twin bed. Not the first time (more like the 100th time), but it was the first time it resulted in this:
Nothing serious, as you can see. A slight fracture? A chipped bone? Still don't know. He was running 24 hours later. See? No harm in monkeys jumping on the bed. Can't wait for those bunkbeds.....



6 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Poor boy! It truly amazes me there are so many adult men in the world...

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Poor thing....well I guess it was his fault, but still not a fun experience for a 2 year old. I bet that's making your life quite exciting! Congrats on baby #4! Another boy-they will have a lot of fun together, and it will make your girl act even more like a princess probably. :)

jaesi said...

oh the life of a 2 (4)year old.
Handsome!

Bethany said...

Oh boy. I am still waiting for a trip to the ER with Marie. I swear I thought you were describing her as you talked about Alex.

Kendall and Melissa said...

Oh no! How sad to see little kids in casts. I'm glad it doesn't seem to slow him down too much. :) We've been thinking about the upcoming bunkbeds too. But I'm not too excited about putting my 4 yr old on the top. I think we'll wait it out a little while longer...

Kay Callihan said...

Poor baby - I am soooo glad this didn't happen while you were at Girls Camp!


my office...