I was wandering around my house last night, kinda bored, although the list of things I could/should've been doing was endless. Dishes, read, laundry, prepare some school stuff, yw stuff, and on and on. I felt frustrated as I couldn't just pick something and get it done. It caused me to reflect on my intellectual pursuits a bit. I find myself doing the very same thing when choosing a book, or a topic to study. It made me think of a line from my favorite movie (ok, one of my top 10 favorites....one I've watched probably a million times). The character says, "I used to think that if I cared about anything, I'd have to care about everything and I'd go stark, raving mad!" I find myself battling with that feeling that comes with having the entire world at my fingertips, but never quite knowing where to start.
So, can you name the movie? The character? The scene?
Here's a hint
Where do you start when you aren't sure what to do?
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
my office...

6 comments:
well i dont have an answer for your last question but I can tell you that
I LOVE that movie and too have seen it a million times...I watched the vhs on my little vcr TV in my room in high school everynight.
memories...
Ever After! My best friend and I used to have half the lines in that movie memorized...
Totally love that movie too!! Definitely Henry saying the line. Maybe I should pull it out and watch it soon....
Ever After, of course! The scene is where she is trying to break up with him, and he tells her of his inspiration to build a... university? Library? Something like that. It's been a while since I watched that movie!
And no, I didn't need the hint ;D
I usually start with the thing that is closest to me. Whatever I can grab first... good luck and let me know how you decide to choose. And Ever After.
Must be from one of my faves...Ever After! I seriously need it on dvd.
Post a Comment