Monday, October 19, 2009

Dressing up!

Shawn and I had a little costume party to attend last weekend. I had more fun than I expected. Shawn put me in charge of costumes and I seriously considered just showing up as a pregnant lady. He wasn't too interested in being the milkman or the mailman, so I had to come up with something a little different....
So, after only 10 minutes, Shawn managed to cover himself in black makeup. I was just glad I wasn't in charge of painting his face. Pretty scary, huh? Grant and Nora thought it was pretty great, but Alex was terrified! He took off running for the babysitter crying. We managed to convince him that it was really daddy, so then he kept saying 'Daddy scared me'. Poor kid.
I opted NOT to purchase a costume. (Well, I didn't buy either of them). I figured finding something that would fit around my middle would be pretty costly, and not worth it for a 4 or 5 hour party so I whipped together a maternity shirt and made it a little longer. Not my best work ever, but hey, it saved some moo-lah!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Love it! We have to dress up this Saturday ... I am much better at kid's costumes and don't think I'll do as good a job as you and Shawn.

Andrea said...

a pregnant angel and a devil 'eh? so what does that baby look like?

Deena said...

Shawn does look terrifying. Was it hard to get it all off?

Deb Nott said...

SO CUTE!!!! Great Job Mish!


my office...