Monday, June 7, 2010

Lots going on

What a quick year it has been for our family.  Sam is already 6 months old and this deployment is at least 2/3rds of the way through (though I technically don't know the date of return, so we may have more to go than I think).  Truth be told, I'm not really sure what I have been doing the last few months.  Perhaps it is to be expected.  I have a lot of great days, great weeks, I just can't seem to remember them.

Anyway, here's what is keeping me busy:

Grant....Nora.....Alex.....Sam......Sam.....Sam. 

And that about covers it.  I wouldn't have it any other way (oh wait, I wouldn't necessarily mind having my favorite extra set of hands around to help play with the kids, otherwise everything is practically perfect).  My church assignment is good.  It really makes me appreciate what I had when I was a youth.  Teenagers are tough, and terrific.  Recently I took on a new project of my own, and I have been collecting gently used things for a woman who had quadruplets!  Her story broke my heart and before I knew it, a project was underway and I couldn't stop.  It must be so fun for my family to live with my chaotic mental state all the time :)

ONE last thing I haven't mentioned is that we are moving in about 6 months.  I can't believe we've been here for 3 1/2 years already.  I'm not completely ready for the change yet, so I probably won't mention this again until after we get settled in.  Our new destination: Colorado Springs.


6 comments:

Andrea said...

Sweet pics!!! you have the cutest kids and I can't wait for you to move out here!!!

Jon and Laura said...

Oh my word, Sam has changed so much since you were here. your kids are beautiful, and so much fun. I hope I get to see you in Utah.
And if you plan one last temple trip before your big move, plan on dropping the kids off here and having dinner too.
Love ya!

Catherine said...

LOVE these pictures! You have the cutest kids, and I am totally in denial about you moving because I am going to miss all of you so much!

Coordination Queen said...

Your kids are adorable! It was fabulous to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

oooh. who were your children holding hands with? haha. I love you Michelle. You and your children are so cute!!
love ya
Roo

Ella said...

WOw, your kids are so grown up!! When did that happen?? Nora looks exactly like you. better get ready to beat the boys away. Miss you!!


my office...