192 days have passed since I dropped Shawn off at the pier and we said our goodbyes. This is a very familiar scene for a lot of women that I know, and it wasn't the first time for me, but frequency of goodbyes doesn't really make enduring them easier. I'm just glad this adventure is almost over. I like the reunion part. Nothing in the world quite compares to the exhilarating feeling of seeing your loved one after a long period of time. I imagine our reunions with our loved ones in Heaven will be filled with the same delight.....only better.
With just a couple of weeks left, I have been reflecting on the last 192 days of my life. Truthfully, there are lots of things I just can't remember, but here are a few of the highlights:
Nora turned 4 years old.
I turned 26.
I took all 4 kids on a 7 hour trip to visit my in-laws.
My brother left on a mission to Houston TX.
I watched my little baby struggle and struggle to eat enough, and gave up trying to be his sole source of nourishment. That was tough. I think he finally weighs 15 lbs!
I've enjoyed watching my kids grow closer and older. I'd still have them all close together if I had to do it again.
I left all 4 of my kids with a wonderful friend and went to Youth Conference so my sweet YW wouldn't have to go without a leader. I found a renewed sense of purpose while I was with these girls and I hope the last few months I get to spend with them will be good for all of us.
It was really hard to leave my kids behind, but they survived-and so did I.
I have mastered the art of shopping with total chaos. Unfortunately, this does not include couponing at the same time :(
I have been blessed time and time again by loving friends and neighbors. I'll never pay it back, but maybe I'll have the chance to pay it forward.
I've learned that even though I love a little quiet time, I still don't love to be alone.
I have learned that you can still be the legs your spouse stands on, even if you aren't on the same side of the world.
I've learned that it's ok if everything isn't perfect all the time. It's even ok if everything is a disaster all the time. Everything is really ok.
I appreciate my parents more.
I appreciate my in-laws more too.
I probably have the best kids ever born ;)
Come back soon. I just might have some great homecoming pictures :)
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
my office...







4 comments:
I'm so glad that Shawn will be back soon. It sounds like it's been such a growing experience in the last while. When do you move out west? I can't believe how big the kids are getting. They're all beautiful. Michelle I look up to you so much! You're so much stronger than I ever will be. I hope the reunion with your hubby is the sweetest one yet! Love you girl!
Thanks for sharing this, especially the disaster part! You're right, it's really okay!
Michelle, you are amazing. I have watched you with awe and admiration for the last seven months, and you never cease to amaze me. I don't know how you made it through, but thank you for your example. Your willingness to continue serving the Lord under such difficult circumstances is especially admirable to me.
We need to set up "swap days" again. Remember when we used to do that?
You amaze me. Seriously.
I love your words of wisdom here! I have constantly been impressed by how much you can take on and handle so gracefully---with our without Shawn! I am so happy you have your family back together and I hope Shawn can be around longer this time around! Hooray for Homecomings!!
Post a Comment