Saturday, August 30, 2008

He's Back!

Yesterday was the best day of my entire summer! USS Forrest Sherman returned home--and boy am I glad it did. I feel like I can finally relax a little. It was a hot and somewhat humid day. Inspite of the uncomfortable weather, I had a great time. I can't say as much for my kids who all got sunburned and complained about the heat for over an hour before we actually got to see Shawn. Oh well, at least I know what not to do at the next homecoming.


Here are a couple of pictures. I regret that I have no pictures of him coming off the ship. But the first one is of the tugboat pushing/pulling the ship to the pier, and the second is one of Shawn on the ship. He's the one waving.


Alex was way too hot. I ended up removing his pants and socks and shoes to get him to cool down. He wasn't too happy to be out there.

Nora is happier than she has been all summer! She must've said 'Daddy' 500 times during the drive home yesterday. Today, she isn't feeling well (too much sun probably), so they took a little nap together.

I LOVE having my Prince Charming home! (And I don't mind the extra help, either )

11 comments:

Struthers Family said...

aaaawwwwww.
so cute and fun. i am so excited for you my sister. give everyone a hug for us.... otay?
love you
luv
rachel

Bethany said...

Yay for Shawn being home! What a big relief that must be. You did it!

Methodical Wormer said...

I love that Nora is such a Daddy's girl. That picture of them napping together melts my heart! I am so happy for y'all. YAY for being home!

Coordination Queen said...

I'm so excited for you! Such a sweet picture of them sleeping.

ShaRee said...

What good news! I'm so excited for you and your kids. I can't imagine the relief and happiness that would be to be reunited!

Chelsey said...

Oh Michelle! I'm so glad that Shawn made it home safe and sound! I'm excited for you and the kids to have him with you again! I love you and your sweet little family!

Andrea said...

maybe it's my week, maybe it;s the baby but everything makes me want to cry and I'm so happy for you and your family right now I could explode into tears! much love!

Jon and Laura said...

I am so excited for you and your entire family. I have been thinking about you a lot and I am blown away by what a strong woman you are. You are a good example to us all. I am so glad that he is home for you guys (at least for now right?)

Kendall and Melissa said...

I'm so happy for you. I don't know how you do it without him, but I bet you really count your blessings when he's home and you get to be a "together" family! Yay for you!!

The Wrays said...

Congrats Michelle, I'm so glad you get to have him home. I gotta hand it to you for doing it without him. But I'm glad you get to have him close to you for now.
Jilinda

ShaRee said...

Hey Michelle. If/When our home sells we will move into Scott's parents' home while they are on their mission. They just finished up their papers this week so they should have their call here soon. It will be nice to live at least a year with no mortgage or rent payments! :)


my office...