Monday, October 19, 2009

Standards Night

(Jaesi, this one's for you....)

This week we held our annual Standards Night. After 2 fabulous talks on modesty and temple preparation, our girls crafted some amazing wedding dresses out of toilet paper!

I gave each group of girls 4 or 5 rolls of toilet paper (which was more than enough) and 20 minutes. Here was one group's progress after about 14 minutes.....

Now these girls were serious. And they had a little extra help from a pretty excited leader. (This was after only 6 or 7 minutes!)

This was the organized group. Notice the pre-torn strips on the floor just waiting to be perfectly placed on our newest Beehive.

And their finished product. Very modest.

I liked the longer sleeves on this dress and the t.p. flower in her hair. Nice touch, eh?


In case you couldn't tell, she was throwing her bouquet.

Ah, the 3 young brides. Good thing this was just for fun.


The girls LOVED this activity. I always like when things go so well.

By the way, thanks for all your youth activity ideas! Can't wait to try some of the out!

1 comment:

jaesi said...

tear...
I miss them all.

I did that for my wedding shower and somehow it turned into the wedding night wear.

and loved the devil and his date the angel.


my office...