Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 1...

I decided it was time to break free of the tv and have a 'no movie week' for the kids. (Not me...I fully intend to watch every episode of the Cosby Show: Season 3, disc 2, coming in the mail from Netflix tomorrow). I felt like I was being a little lax and letting them watch too much tv because it was just easier some days. Today went well. We played at a terrific park for a couple hours, browsed around a few office supply stores looking for laminating stuff (no luck), and played with a little friend during the afternoon. They were all wiped out by the time bedtime rolled around. Since I am not quite that tired, I am going to do the dishes (woo-hoo) and then pick a book from Shawn's collection. Any other great tv-less activities you have enjoyed with your kids?

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

We like picnics in the park. Or visiting friends of having friends over.

Andrea said...

you can never go wrong with play-dough or popsicle sticks

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Whenever I babysit, my two fallbacks are making cookies and doing art stuff (painting, drawing, etc.). Usually kids can do those things forever. However, get ready for a moderate to huge mess! :)

Struthers Family said...

smart idea.
Paul is doing a no tv month. It ends on his birthday. Everyone has offered money (not betting, just as a reward); I offered him $1, I think (this is just think) taht mom offered $20, I (again) think that Ryon either offered $10 or to take him out to lunch on his birthday. But anyway, good idea.


my office...