Well, here goes. Today the kids and I dropped Shawn off at the ship, went to church, then went back to see the ship off. It was a first for us, and we were pretty excited. Shawn, however, was not actually on the ship. He was on the
rhib. Okay, I don't really know exactly what he does on it, although I know he has told me before. Anyway, the kids and I walked up to the edge of the parking lot where everyone was waiting and watching, and the rhib driver looped around and we got to see him on it. It was so cool!

I forgot my camera (at least I didn't forget a child!) but here is a picture of a rhib. No, Shawn isn't on it.
Well, should you choose to peruse my blog over the next 88 days, you will surely hear more about this 'non-deployment' and if you have any wonderful words of wisdom, I am ALL-EARS!
7 comments:
Good luck! We'll be there in a month. Now to find somewhere to live...
I can hardly wait!!
Actually, your ears are pretty small so you're just "half ears." :) Are you going to Utah this month? Let me know your plans. Hopefully we can get together somewhere!
Oh, my sister!!!
I love you so much!
I'm sure you will miss Shawn much more than I miss you. And yes it is a good thing that you didn't forget a child. Love ya,
~Lepakko (FYI: Lepakko is my nickname. It means bat.)
(Rachel)
Good luck with the next long days ahead...I wish you could spend some of them in UTah, or that we caould all spend sometime in VA. love you!
Michelle! I'm glad you found me! It was fun to look through your blog and see what you've been up to! 3 kids and a military hubby? I would never have guessed. :) Keep in touch and good luck with everything- you seem like wonder woman to me! -ShaRee
I remember who you are.
I am living in Virginia Beach
Not far at all from Norfolk.
It's a small world
Post a Comment