Monday, May 26, 2008

I CAN do it!

Sew, that is. At least, I know how. Whether or not I am any good at it remains to be seen. Shawn wanted to capture it for the record. It is my job to make sure all of his patches on his uniforms are in place. Do you know how hard it is to sew on coveralls? Fortunately, Shawn isn't picky about how straight the stitches are. Everything is in it's place. Oh, and notice the 'new' machine. Shawn's terrific Grandmother bought it in '93 and hasn't used it much. So, I became the new owner of it. I love it. It runs like a charm! (Sadly, it doesn't compensate for my incompetence)

4 comments:

Jon and Laura said...

Ok, I am totally impressed! I can't sew a stright line, and it is embarassing. Mom is trying to teach me how to sew a quiet book for Luke, it is quite a project, and completely interesting (to say the least) I wish you were out here to show me your skills.
:)

Struthers Family said...

You are amazing!! Keep up the good work, it'll come in handy when you have to sew on Scout patches, you will be a pro. :)
Luv ya,
Mom

Andrea said...

Great! since you have the time and I have the fabric I'll send it to you and you can make my skirt. I love you and miss you much!

Deena said...

There is no way that I would try to sew on patches. No way.

Shawn's grandmother is terrific!


my office...